As a client of VincentCare, you have the right to raise a complaint about the service that you have received, or appeal a decision made by the service that you are not happy with.
Making a complaint does not negatively influence any future service you receive from VincentCare.
It is your right to remain anonymous, however if you would like staff to follow up with you personally, please provide your name and / or contact details.
Where possible we would aim to resolve your complaint in an informal way by speaking to your case manager, support worker, tenancy worker or care coordinator.
If this is not possible you will then need to complete this form (Client Complaint Form PDF).
You can request an envelope to ensure privacy and submit your complaint to the Team Leader / Manager of the service.
The Team Leader or Manager will arrange to meet with you to discuss your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you then have the right to raise the complaint or appeal the decision with the Hub Manager.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome you then have the right to raise the complaint or appeal the decision with the General Manager Homelessness, General Manager Housing or General Manager Ozanam Enterprises.
You have the right to raise the matter with external bodies, including relevant government departments.
VincentCare is committed to ensuring that the services we provide are delivered professionally, respectfully and compassionately.
You can also make a complaint by contacting the following organisations:
- Elder Rights Advocacy: 1800 700 600
- Aged Care Complaints Scheme: 1800 550 552
- Commonwealth Department of Social Services: 03 9665 8888
- Office of the Public Advocate: 1300 309 337
- Southern Disability Advocacy: 03 9533 5977
- Victorian Privacy Commission: https://ovic.vic.gov.au/
- Homelessness Advocacy Service (HAS): 1800 066 256
- Housing for the Aged Action Group (HAAG): https://www.oldertenants.org.au/
- Ngwala Willumbong Ltd Aboriginal Tenancies at Risk Program: 03 9510 3222
- Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission: 1300 292 153