VincentCare Logo Landscape Tagline RGB

Housing and homelessness

Specialist homelessness services are funded by the state and federal governments. They support people experiencing homelessness and those who are in crisis situations or at risk of experiencing homelessness. They provide support services and help to find stable accommodation.

This support can include:

  • Providing food vouchers, transport assistance, clothing or furniture
  • Paying for medication and treatment
  • Giving information and advice
  • Finding crisis accommodation
  • Making referrals to other specialised services
  • Advocating to other services on the client’s behalf
  • Helping to make applications for housing
  • Making payments for rent arrears, rent in advance or rental subsidies
  • Assist with the client’s education or employment goals
  • Being the contact point for all the services a client needs

Get Help

Council to Homeless Persons

Department of Health and Human Services

Victorian Council of Social Service

Australian Council of Social Service