VincentCare Logo Landscape Tagline RGB

Housing and homelessness


It’s important to keep your rent payments in advance otherwise your landlord or agent is entitled to send you a notice to vacate.

If you are struggling to make ends meet, you have a few options:

  • Talk to your landlord or agent and let them know what the situation, negotiate a repayment plan
  • Visit your local community agency for some advice, they may be able to help pay your rent arrears if you meet the requirements
  • If you receive government assistance, use Centrepay to schedule your rent payments
  • Try and find a more affordable property and put in a notice to vacate.

Get Help

Call the Department of Health & Human Services on 1300 650 172 and they will connect you with an agency or service in your area.


Tenants Union of Victoria