Young Adults Intensive Support Services provides long term support to homeless young adults with multiple and complex needs aged between
18-25 years who are unable to access community resources or for whom other community resources are not available.
Young Adults Intensive Support Services is a program for young adults who are currently experiencing homelessness and are living in unstable accommodation in the Northern and Western metropolitan regions of Melbourne or who have links in these areas.
Young Adults Intensive Support Services aims to:
- Provide a flexible, non-judgmental outreach service that maintains continuity of support
- Advocate with, and on behalf of, young adults who are finding it difficult to access appropriate and relevant services
- Support in identifying areas they consider important and determine the pace at which their goals are reached
- Provide assistance to access a range of community resources
- Ensure collaborative working with other services specific to young adult’s needs
The Young Adult Support Services team works with a number of organisations to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved for clients.
Young Adults Intensive Support Services is for young adults who:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25
- Live in or have links to the Northern and Western Metropolitan Region
- Are experiencing chronic homelessness or at risk of homelessness
- Have multiple diagnoses such as psychiatric disability and poly-substance use
- Are unable to access or sustain accommodation and support in other young adult focused services
Other issues may include:
- Little or no support from family and/or friends
- History of offending and experience with the justice system
- Experience of abuse
- Cultural and sexual issues
- The need for assistance with independent living
All referrals are to go via an Access Point. VincentCare’s Northern Community Hub is one of these Access Points, based at 175 Glenroy Road, Glenroy.
When a vacancy is listed, all referrals will be sent to this Access Point. Upon receipt the Young Adults Outreach Support Service team will assess the referral for criteria and suitability.
If the young adult is suitable for the program and wishes to work with the Young Adult Intensive Support Services team to address their housing needs, they will be accepted into the program.
There is no waiting list.
A Young Adults support worker can be contacted on (03) 9304 0100 for further information.
All information collected will remain anonymous and confidential. You can withdraw from the program at any time and participation in the program is voluntary.
Address: 175 Glenroy Road, Glenroy 3046
Phone: (03) 9304 0100
Fax: (03) 9304 0102