Sunbury Gardens is a high quality and welcoming enhanced community housing facility in Sunbury for people over 45 years of age who are at risk of homelessness, have no or low support needs and are able to live independently.
Set in a large and inviting open space, Sunbury Gardens has 22 rooms and a community feel with a range of activity groups available including gardening, cooking, and volunteer work.
Sunbury Gardens provides residents with a home that is both sustainable and inclusive. Residents have their own bedroom and an ensuite, sitting room and fridge. Communal cooking and laundry amenities are also located on site.
Sunbury Gardens encourages residents to be active within the community by providing opportunities to interact with local services including employment and education programs, as well as regular volunteering opportunities.
Regular activities at Sunbury Gardens include monthly community meetings, garden, cooking and social clubs as well as an access and support program.
Sunbury Gardens works with a number of organisations and groups including:
- St Vincent de Paul Sunbury Conference
- Sunbury Men’s Shed
- Just Planet Café
- Sunbury Community Police Register
- Sunbury Country Woman’s Association
- Sunbury Community Health Centre
Sunbury Gardens applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be aged 50 years and over
- Are able to live independently
- Are seeking to contribute to the facility, including involvement in activities and initiatives and decision making regarding the successful running of Sunbury Gardens
- Meet the income limits of $486 (single) or $843 (double). Normal public housing asset limits apply.
Interested applicants can contact the Tenancy and Property Management Team on (03) 9304 0112 for an application form or further information.
Once the application form is completed, the Tenancy and Property Management Team eligibility prospective residents will be interviewed.
For further information on Sunbury Gardens, please contact the Northern Community Hub Tenancy and Property Management Team.
Phone: (03) 9304 0112
Fax: (03) 9304 0102