VincentCare’s Northern Community Hub's Initial Assessment & Planning (IA&P) program is one of five Housing Access Points for clients to access the homelessness service system in Melbourne’s North West Metropolitan region.
The IA&P service can assist people with:
- Information and advocacy in relation to private rental
- Referral to relevant services such as community health services, legal aid, material aid etc
- Housing Establishment Funds towards rent in advance, rental arrears or crisis accommodation
- Crisis accommodation
IA&P workers have access to a resource register where housing and support vacancies from specialist homelessness services are listed.
The IA&P team matches people with vacancies, prioritising those who have been assessed as most at risk.
IA&P works as part of a coordinated service system with other allied programs including:
- Access Points in the North West
- Hope Street Youth & Family Services
- Crossroads Support Services
- Merri Outreach Support Services
IA&P is a generalist homelessness service that works with people over 16 years experiencing homelessness or housing crisis.
At the Access Point, people seeking assistance will meet with an IA&P worker who will complete an assessment of their housing and support needs.
Address: 175 Glenroy Road, Glenroy 3046
Phone (business hours): (03) 9304 0100
Fax: (03) 9304 0111
After Hours Crisis Accommodation: 1800 825 955