Supports individuals and families who are at risk of experiencing homelessness through early intervention and prevention.
VincentCare’s HomeConnect program works with people at risk of homelessness by providing support to stabilise existing housing or to find more appropriate housing. The program also supports clients with issues such as chronic ill health, mental illness, education and employment options, wellbeing and living skills.
HomeConnect created two new initiatives to assist people to enter the highly competitive private rental market: Find a Flatmate events and Head Leasing. HomeConnect links with people before a crisis occurs and provides support to either stabilise their current housing or to find more appropriate housing.
HomeConnect also assists people to achieve their goals and to lead independent and fulfilling lives. The program provides support to individuals and families across six key areas:
- Health and wellbeing
- Education, employment and training
- Living skills
- Social connections
HomeConnect is one of seven Innovation Action Projects funded by the Victorian State Government through the Victorian Homelessness Action Plan.
Project partners include:
- Anglicare Victoria
- Australian Community Support Organisation
- Mayflower Community and Care
- Real Estate Institute of Victoria
To be eligible for HomeConnect you must:
- Be currently living in private rental or wanting to move into private rental
- At risk of current housing breaking down
- Want or need support to remain living in your home
- Currently be linked in with any homelessness or housing services
- Need support around accessing education, employment or health services
Prospective HomeConnect clients can phone or call into our office and speak with a member of staff.
A HomeConnect worker will ask some questions about your current situation and will complete an initial assessment.
There are also onsite and phone interpreters available.
Address: 175 Glenroy Road, Glenroy, 3046
Phone: (03) 9304 0147