Ozanam Community Centre (OCC) in North Melbourne provides support to men and women who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness, and/or socially excluded.
Ozanam Community Centre is a drop-in centre which offers a wide range of support options, including:
- Breakfast and lunch meal programs
- Showers/laundry facilities
- Housing information and referral
- An alcohol and other drugs clinician
- Client volunteer program
- Women’s programs
- Community Aged Care Packages
- Client consultation coordination
- Generalist support, information and referral
- Recreation and educational activities
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- On-site doctors, general dentistry and denture clinic, Royal District Nursing Service – Homeless Persons Program, Psychologist, Dietician, and Podiatrist and Optometry services
Drop-In Program and Meals Service
The drop-in meals program provides a free meal to people experiencing homelessness from Monday to Friday.
The meals program includes a daily breakfast from 9.15am - 10.00am and a two-course lunch-time meal from 12.00pm - 1.00pm.
A weekend takeaway lunch pack is provided by Ozanam Community Centre and is available at Ozanam House from 1.00pm - 1.30pm.
If you would like to access the services provided at the Ozanam Community Centre, please contact the Centre on the details below.
Follow Inner Melbourne Community Legal (IMCL) lawyer, Philippa Dixon, and she heads to Ozanam Community Centre to speak with her client Danielle.
Ozanam Community Centre
268 Abbotsford Street, North Melbourne, 3051
T: 03 9329 6733
Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 2.30pm, general drop-in support.
Monday to Friday, 2.30pm - 5.00pm, prearranged programs/activities and follow-up appointments.