VincentCare Logo Landscape Tagline RGB

Housing and homelessness


The alcohol and other drugs sector recently underwent reform to ensure that the system is easier for people needing help to get the services that suit them best. You can be matched with a program in your local area or, if you prefer, a service out of your region.

To get an assessment and be referred to a service, you can either call DirectLine on 1800 888 236 or visit their website where you can access 24 hour counselling, information and referral. Otherwise make an appointment at an Access Point for your assessment. An Access Point is a designated community organisation that does intake and assessment for people needing help.

There are different types of drug and alcohol services including counselling, support withdrawal and rehabilitation and pharmacotherapy to support you on your journey. Your worker will help you to figure out the level of care that you need and a Care and Recovery Coordinator can help you to manage the different services that you might need to access.

Get Help

Victorian Department of Health & Human Services

Phone: 1800 423 238

Phone: 1800 888 236

Phone: 1300 858 584

Family Drug Helpline
Phone: 1300 660 068

Youth Substance Abuse Service (YSAS Line)

Youth Drug and Alcohol Advice (YoDAA)
Phone: 1800 458 685

Counselling Online
Phone: 1800 888 236